AcupunctureHelping to re-start or stimulate your healing response
Effective for Pain Relief and Self-Healing
Acupuncture has been used by the Chinese for thousands of years with excellent results, and in the last two decades has become more widely accepted by Western Medicine.
Acupuncture is the use of fine, sterile needles to stimulate healing within the body. It works by:
- stimulating the release of chemicals within the body that are effective for pain relief, and/or
- releasing trigger points in tight muscles.
With the insertion of the fine needle there is increased blood flow at the base of the needle and this increased blood flow assists healing.
It also stimulates the nervous system and, through this, your body releases chemicals known to assist with pain relief and healing.
Acupuncture can be used in a number of ways and is effective in treating:
- headaches and migraine
- acute and chronic pain
- post-operative pain
- muscle and joint injuries
- myofascial trigger points, and/or
- seasonal allergies.
What Are the Advantages of Treatment?
Acupuncture offers the patient a number of advantages, including:
- little to no side effects or recovery time
- works to target the cause of pain, not just the symptoms
- can be effective in treating both acute and chronic pain
- can reduce the need for medication
- can relieve stress and anxiety
- can restore energy and boost immunity, and
- suitable for most people.
Things You Need to Know
As qualified and registered physiotherapy acupuncturists, we follow strict protocols regarding safety and hygiene.
After an initial assessment, an appropriate treatment plan can be recommended to enable the body to balance itself.
With acupuncture treatment there may be a warming sensation or slight ache around the needle or at a site slightly away from the needle.
Acupuncture treatment is recognised and covered by ACC.